Tuesday, March 4, 2014

And then there was a Pulmonary test...

Today I had a complete pulmonary function test. It was scheduled for 8 am and I could not sleep the night before. I don't know what is with me but when I know I have a test or something along those lines I just don't sleep. I was not nervous because I knew it was easy peasy lemon squeezy so seriously what is the deal, Emily?

Anyway, I should have known that my tester was a jokester from the call I received yesterday to confirm the appointment. Here is the conversation:

Emily: Hello?
Bob: Hi, this is Bob from Mountain View and I was just calling to confirm your pulmonary function test for tomorrow at 8am.
E: Perfect! Thanks!
B: Okay, see you then!
E: Okay, see you tomorrow! Bye!
B: Bye! .............. Wait! I should tell you that this will not hurt a bit!
E: Haha thanks, Bob! See you tomorrow!
B: Bye.

So he is a jokester. Today during the test he was cracking jokes like it was his job. I wish I could remember all of the jokes he said but I can't. You can blame that on my chemo brain. Which is a real thing! They told me! Kind of like pregnancy brain. Here is one of the jokes he said: "What does a cigarette and a gerbil have in common?" *crickets** crickets*(that's the sound of crickets P.s.)" They are both harmless until you stick them in your mouth and light them on fire!".. Oh Bob, you are so funny! You are killing me over here doing a breathing treatment with this fancy nebulizer.

So if you have never had a pulmonary function test, never fear! That is one of the easiest tests I have ever passed! And that's saying something because I have terrible test anxiety! Basically I sat in this box made out of plastic that looks like glass and do silly breathing techniques on this tube with nose plugs on. He was so impressed with my pants (like a dog panting not like my jeans.. although I forgot to ask if he was impressed with my blue jeans. That would have been a silly conversation) and told me that I should teach a panting class. So if anyone is interested leave me a comment and I will see what I can do.

That's all folks!

Until I know more!

Emily!

No comments:

Post a Comment