Monday, March 17, 2014

Look Good Feel Better and Chemo 1.2

Last Tuesday I went to a class by the American Cancer Society called Look Good... Feel Better! It was way fun! The little lady who was teaching was so cute! She taught us all about how to put make up on without introducing germs and what not. There was just me and another little lady named Judy. Judy was so sweet and just had this glow about her. We received a bag of makeup (FANCY DANCEY MAKEUP) and got to play with it. We also learned how to use a t-shirt as a head covering. I have not lost my hair yet (knock on wood) so putting things on my head was super silly to me. We got to pick out a head covering ( I picked out a peachy turban) and a wig! So I picked out a wig. I knew it was the wig for me when my dear sweet mother (who came along) started to cry. I still feel silly wearing it but I also still have hair. Its a cute little bob and it is kind of a brownish blondish color. It was a fun class and if you ever find yourself in a cancerous position (I hope you don't) get signed up for that class! You can learn more about it at www.lookgoodfeelbetter.org
Here is just a peek of my fancy makeup! It is glorious.

That Thursday I had my second go at my first round of chemotherapy. There were a lot more people in the treatment room this time around. My mom went with me and when we got there they put us in the room to talk to Jed the P.A.. We did not need to talk to Jed but we waited in the room and after about a hour he came in and said "Why am I seeing you? I don't need to see you!" we agreed and then we got put in the treatment room and waited another hour or so to get started. There were so many cute little old ladies in there this time but there were two patients that just broke my heart. There was Lung Cancer Larry who doesn't believe in anything or have anybody except beer. And there was this little tiny girl walking around. She had to be like 4 or 5 years old. Oh, my heart was broken. Larry had his last chemo treatment today and last Radiation tomorrow so hopefully all is better with Larry. Larry was also hitting on my Mom. She is very beautiful so I don't blame him. I am just glad that Lung Cancer Larry didn't meet my Father Bart. That would have been Funny!

Here are some pictures of my crazy kids today just to brighten up this post a bit.

Paisley with her Band-aid nose.


Jude cuddling during his nap.

Well that's about as much as a post as I have in me. Since my chemo on Thursday I have basically only been sleeping. Fun Fun stuff!

Until I know more!

Emily!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you went to the make-up class. You thought I was silly, but I was really jealous. It kind of reminds me of how in the MTC, they offer a make-up class for the Sisters. It's funny because, you know, there is a bit of a stigma about frumpy sister missionaries. I went, because I didn't want to be one of them, and also because it was an hour out of our study time. Plus free makeup! I can't wait to see your wig. If you don't end up losing your hair, the wig will always be a great addition the Halloween costume box.

    ReplyDelete